Ablatherm® HIFU efficiency and quality of life
Non-invasive medical technologies are intended to deliver the same level of clinical efficiency as traditional invasive techniques and to add value in the field of patient quality of life. The clinical experience gathered for more than 15 years, shows that Ablatherm® HIFU fits perfectly in this category with an excellent risk/benefit ratio :
- Efficiency : the literature published since 2000 - year of Ablatherm® HIFU CE marking - show reproducible and consistent results
- Quality of life : a literature analysis since 2000 demonstrates that Ablatherm® HIFU is an excellent tool for preserving quality of life with low morbidity and few side effects.
- First-line treatment for patients who are not suitable for surgery
- Treatment for local recurrence after EBRT or radical prostatectomy
Uniform and reproducible clinical results
Published 8-year follow-up
Proven therapeutic choice for local recurrence after EBRT
- Low morbidity
- Consistent results in the literature
- No late onset incontinence or impotence
Salvage treatment after EBRT
Recurrent prostate cancer after EBRT is very aggressive. At least 27% of men with a rising PSA level after EBRT will die in the next 5 years. HIFU has shown promising results as salvage therapy with :
- Promising local control with 80% negative biopsies combined with an acceptable morbidity profile
- Promising specific survival rate at 5 years : 78% and 49.5% for low and intermediate-risk patients, respectively.