Non-invasive treatment for prostate cancer
The Ablatherm® HIFU device has been developed since 1993 for the radical treatment of localized prostate cancer. It is suitable for men who are at risk for surgery due to their age or other associated illnesses, or who may not want to undergo surgery. It may also be suitable for men with cancer has recurrence following radiotherapy.
The Robotic HIFU Device
Two Modules, One Probe
- A treatment module,
- A control module,
- A probe with both treatment and imaging transducers.
- Unitary lesion of 19 to 26 mm height per 1.7 mm width,
- Automatic dispatching of the HIFU lesions,
- Precise destruction of the tissue, Precise robotic movements,
- Real-time tracking and adjustment of energy delivered.
- Rectal cooling,
- Patient movement detection,
- Real time rectal wall monitoring.
Minimally-invasive therapy for prostate cancers
Three phases treatment
Patients undergoing Ablatherm® HIFU treatment are given a general or spinal anesthetic. A probe is introduced in the rectum and the imaging transducer starts the gland scanning to plan the treatment. The treatment transducer then emits high intensity focused ultrasound in the prostate gland. At the point where the ultrasound waves are focused the absorption of the ultrasound beam creates a sudden temperature increase (around 85°C) which destroys the tissue in the targeted zone.
- 3D imaging (3D imaging of the prostate with 7.5MHz transducer)
- Treatment planning (fully adjustable treatment parameters to suit all prostate anatomies)
- Robotic treatment (robotic treatment of the prostate following the treatment plan)
Technological innovations for a better patient's management
- Non-invasive - Radiation free
- Precise robotic treatment
- Preservation of surrounding tissue, different treatment strategies: Whole gland / Nerve sparing / Hemiablation
Quality of life preservation
Ablatherm HIFU video
Please fill out the form to know more about Ablatherm HIFU® device.
Ablatherm HIFU brochure
Please fill out the contact form to retrieve the Ablatherm HIFU brochure.
HIFU can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us.